Tuesday, July 5, 2016

My Experiences with Astral Projection and Alternate Realities Part 1

My Experiences with Astral Projection and Alternate Realities Part 1

Written by Valkyria Blackheart

Astral projection (Soul Travel): an interpretation of an out-of-body experience that assumes the existence of an "astral body" separate from the physical body and capable of travelling outside it. Astral projection or travel denotes the astral body leaving the physical body to travel in an astral plane.


Astral Projection or Soul Travel as it is sometimes referred is a subject of much debate throughout the esoteric world.  According to proponents, Astral Projection can be achieved through many methods including meditation, in a waking state, or during lucid dreaming.  I myself have experienced astral projection or soul travel in many forms.  An interesting aspect of the astral projection phenomena that I have experienced is the ability to travel not only throughout this physical plane, but also interdimensionally to our own alternate realities.

One of my first experiences with astral projection was during meditation about 10 years ago.  During meditation, without focusing on anything specific mind you, I felt my astral self leave my physical body.  The experience was a bit of a shock as I had only been practicing meditation and the craft for a year at that time. 

As I left my body I looked back for a moment and saw myself seated in lotus position in my circle.  The feeling was intense as the realization hit me, but being curious I decided to go with what was happening and attempt to leave my apartment. 

A moment later I felt as if I was flying above the earth. As I looked down I saw the earth below me and the large body of water that I found myself crossing over.  The view was beautiful and the freedom I felt was tremendous.  I felt that I could go anywhere and see anything I wished.  As I traveled on I saw the shore of what appeared to be a large island below me.  Suddenly the world was passing below me faster and faster until I found myself in a place I had always longed to see: Stonehenge in England. 

It was beautiful.  I came down gently and felt the grass of the plain between the toes of my bare feet as I crossed on foot, or at least it felt that way, into the rings of the henge.  The energy was amazing.  I could see it surrounding me in the colors of the rainbow.  The energy seemed to draw me into the center of the ring.  When I reached the altar stone in the center I was once again carried off the ground and in an instant I was back outside the ring.  I was in awe of my surroundings at that point.  Suddenly I realized I was not alone and it was no longer daylight.  I stood and watched as robed figures entered the circle carrying torches and chanting in what language I did not know. 

Had I been transported through time?

As that thought hit me I once again felt myself leave the ground, this time surrounded by the same rainbow colors I had viewed within the circle earlier.  I felt myself flying backward away from the henge.  I looked down and saw the water I had seen crossing underneath me and the shoreline became more and more distant from my view.  Suddenly I was slammed back into my body and I awoke.

Was this experience real?  This is the debate that many around the world fight over.  As Roald Dahl once wrote, “Those who do not believe in magic will never find it.”  I believe this to be a very true statement.  Those who believe in astral projection and soul travel know within themselves that they have experienced the truth of such an experience, while others will debate the very existence of such phenomena. 

I have had many other experiences with the soul travel a.k.a. astral projection phenomena and I will be exploring these in follow up articles on my blog.  Stay tuned!


~ Valkyria Blackheart, The Celtic Witch

No comments:

Post a Comment