Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The Phoenix

The Phoenix
By Valkyria Blackheart



 I’ve been tortured, tormented, through ages of old,
Their minds full of hatred, their stone hearts so cold.
By torch light and fire light, their hearts cold and dead,
On a scaffold I swung to die in their stead.

Since then through the ages from sun unto sun,
Again in each lifetime I have loved only one.
Over and over I’d lose him to them,
Their hatred would take him again and again.

I keep coming back to make all things right,
And each time I’ve his love they burn out his light.
I’ve come back to find him and claim him once more,
I’ll keep coming and coming ‘til my love I restore.

‘til the end of the ages when all is made right,
I’ll return to the sages and continue the fight.
Once I have found him and the light is restored,
If their ways have not changed then by fire they’ll be scored.

Despite what they’ve done I do not run away,
For I am the truth and for truth I must stay.
For the Phoenix doth rise from the ashes you see,
And the Phoenix has risen; the Phoenix is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment